Topic Suggestion Box
A suggestion for a new discussion topic is always welcomed. The list below is non-exhaustive and it is constantly added to expand different perspectives. Some of these related topics or subtopics will be covered, directly or indirectly in our future discussions.
- Is the year 2015 ripe for a Third Party momentum?
- Should there be term limits for the members of the Congress?
- Edward Snowden -- a traitor or a hero?
- What would a "comprehensive" Immigration reform look like?
- Obamacare: on balance, has it been a net plus or a minus?
- The Tea Party & Occupy Wall St: the similarities and the dissimilarities
- A closer look at the recent F.C.C.'s ruling on Net Neutrality
Foreign Affairs / International Relations / Affairs:
- Do you support or oppose the Trans-Pacific Partnership?
- Do you support or oppose an active U.S. military intervention in Syria?
- Do you support or oppose Germany's open-door refugee policy?
- On balance, was the "Arab Spring" a net plus or a minus for the Arab World?
- Is NATO still relevant?
- Should India become the sixth Permanent Member of the U.N. Security Council?
- A closer look at the merits of the Paris Climate Agreement
The Greater NYC Area:
- Is the rising homeless problem a mere facade or a real concern?
- On balance, has Mayor de Blasio been a net plus or a minus for an "average" New Yorker
- Are the new Tech companies in the "gig economy" (e.g., Airbnb and Uber), a net plus or a minus?
- Did you support or oppose the "Ground Zero Mosque"?
History & Politics:
- The parallels of the Roman Civilization and the U.S.
- A inside look at the portioning of India and Pakistan
- The legacies of Ghandi, MLK, and Mandela -- the similarities and the dissimilarities
- The role of Robert Moses in shaping the urban landscape of NYC.
- An inside look at the Constitutional Convention of 1787?
- The impacts of the Asian Minor Accord (a/k/a "Sykes–Picot Agreement") and the modern geopolitical map of the Middle East
Political Philosophy, Misc. Public Policy, Legal Topics, etc.:
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Does the internet promote or harm democracy?
- Drug Law Reform - time for a comprehensive review and fundamental changes?
- Bitcoin: a viable currency of the future?